Tuesday, July 7, 2009

WARNING - Waikele Premium Outlets, HI

My rent-a-car was broken into, in broad daylight, at Waikele Premium Outlet on the island of Oahu, on July 5th, between 1350 and 1455. At 1355 I placed my wife's shopping in the trunk. My golf clubs were in the trunk as well. The thieves must have been extremely fast, and just popped the driver's side door lock, pushed the trunk button, and cleaned the trunk out. No one was hurt, it was not my car, so it wasn't an extreme crime but it is sad and it is my wife's favorite place to shop on Oahu.

I emailed Waikele Premium Outlet asking them to install CCTV.

I was contacted by a detective at the Honolulu Police department, he explained that there has been a rash of break-ins and that there was even an eyewitness the previous week, where a car in the center lot was broken into.


If you shop there, be smart and assume your belongings are not safe in your car, and simply drag your shopping around with you, until you are done and ready to leave the Waikele Premium Outlet.

No comments: